In Alchemists, two to four budding alchemists compete to discover the secrets of their mystical art. Points can be earned in various ways, but most points are earned by publishing theories – correct theories, that is — and therein lies the problem.
The game is played in six rounds. At the beginning of the round, players choose their play order. Those who choose to play later get more rewards.During play, players’ reputations will go up and down. After six rounds and a final exhibition, reputation will be converted into points. Points will also be scored for artifacts and grants.Then the secrets of alchemy are revealed and players score points or lose points based on whether their theories were correct. Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2015 Scelto dai Goblin Winner
- 2015 Goblin Magnifico Nominee
- 2015 Essener Feder Best Written Rules Winner
- 2014 Meeples’ Choice Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Innovative Board Game Nominee
- 2014 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Nominee
Board Game Geek Rating: 7.8/10